Church of Orsières

Orsières
VISIT THE WEBSITE

The church of Orsières is dedicated to Saint Nicolas, Bishop of Myra, patron of the parish, celebrated on December 6th.

It was built in 1895-1896 on the site of two earlier churches: the first built between 1177 and 1296, the second in 1497. The construction of the belletower dates from 12th-13th century.

On 11th September 1910, the future Blessed Maurice Tornay received the baptism in this church.



Church of Orsières
1937 Orsières

T. +41 (0)27 783 11 44
info@saint-bernard.ch

VISIT THE WEBSITE